Join us at The Lighthouse on the 30th March from 6.30-8.30pm for the talk "Alternative Journalism vs. 'Alternative Facts'" hosted by INSP as part of the programme of events accompanying the "UNCOVERED: still homeless, still an issue" exhibition.
Tickets are priced from £8.50 (£5.00 concession) and must be booked in advance here.
As the global war against truth rages, the panel explores how alternative forms of journalism can lead the fight for facts.
Join the panel for what is sure to be a lively discussion focusing on alternative media models; journalism for social change; fake news; fact checking; social media; political propaganda; opposition to facts and experts; and the role of journalists to hold power to account.
Chaired by international award-winning investigative journalist and academic Dr Eamonn O’Neill, panellists include:
- Stuart Cosgrove - journalist and broadcaster
- Peter Geoghegan – journalism lecturer and Director of The Ferret
- Angela Haggerty - Editor of CommonSpace
- Tim Harris - Founder and Director of Real Change (Seattle's street paper)
- Susan Smith – Editor of Third Force News