After the success of Poppy Nash’s 2018 residency and current exhibition, The Lighthouse in partnership with Cove Park, will once again offer an opportunity for emerging crafts makers, designers and architects in 2019.
This residency has been created with the aim to support the research and development of new work within the unique setting of Cove Park, with the eventual outcome of exhibiting research or outcomes within the Review Gallery at The Lighthouse, Scotland’s Centre for Design and Architecture.
The successful applicant will undertake a two week fully-funded residency at Cove Park and will be given the opportunity of a six week exhibition of resulting work or outcomes within the Review Gallery at The Lighthouse.
Target applicants: Designers, architects, craft makers.
Details: The residency will run from Monday 20th May until Monday 3rd June at Cove Park, Argyll. The selected resident will receive a fee of £800 and a £250 materials budget. The exhibition will be from early August 2019 for six weeks. The available exhibitions budget is £500 and The Lighthouse will contribute £200 towards refreshments for a preview event.
Criteria for application:
• The quality and ambition of ideas and work.
• Your need for a period of research and development including your reason for applying to the residency.
• Your interest in working within the Cove Park community, including a willingness to discuss and share ideas.
• Demonstrating an interest in presenting an exhibition of work or process at The Lighthouse post-residency.
• Applicants should submit a CV, supporting statement and no more than 10 images (or other supporting documentation such as video, sound etc.) as an emailed word document with images attached or via zip file shared through Dropbox or We Transfer.
• CV should be no more than 2 sides of A4
• Supporting statement no more than 500 words
• Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Raymond Strachan
Deadline: 5pm 18th March 2019
Selection announcement/reply: 8th April