The Lighthouse, working in partnership with Cove Park, has developed a new opportunity for emerging designers, architects and craft practitioners. This residency has been developed with the aim to support the research and development of new work within the unique setting of Cove Park, with the eventual outcome of exhibiting work, research or outcomes within the Review Gallery at The Lighthouse, Scotland’s Centre for Design and Architecture.
Cove Park creates year-round residencies in all the art forms for national and international artists, collaborative groups and organisations. It is located on 50 acres of unspoilt hillside overlooking Loch Long on Scotland’s west coast.
The Review Gallery is a space within The Lighthouse typically reserved for recent graduates, emerging architects, designers, or businesses. Located right next to our largest gallery on the first floor this is a great opportunity to have a wide range of professionals and public visit and see the work.
The successful applicant will undertake a two-week fully-funded residency at Cove Park and will be given the opportunity of a six-week exhibition of resulting work or outcomes within the Review Gallery at The Lighthouse.
The deadline for applications is 29th January 2018 at 5pm and the selection announcement will be on Tuesday 13th February 2018.
Full details are below, if you have any queries please contact Raymond.Strachan@glasgow.gov.uk.
Emerging designers, architects, and craft practitioners
- The residency will run from Monday 2nd to Monday 16th April 2018 at Cove Park, Argyll. The selected resident will receive a fee of £800 and a £250 materials budget
- The exhibition will be from Monday 6th August 2018 for six weeks. The available exhibitions budget is £400 and The Lighthouse will contribute £100 towards refreshments for an exhibition preview event.
Criteria for application:
- The quality and ambition of ideas and work.
- Your need for period of research and development including your reason for applying for the residency.
- Your interest in working within a community of artists, including a willingness to discuss and share ideas.
- Demonstrating an interest in developing an exhibition of work or process at The Lighthouse post-residency.
- Applicants should submit a CV, supporting statement and no more than 10 images (or other supporting documentation such as video, sound etc.) as an emailed PDF with images attached or via zip file shared through Dropbox or WeTransfer.
- CV should be no more than 2 sides of A4.
- Supporting statement no more than 500 words.
- Applications should be sent to Raymond Strachan, Exhibitions Coordinator at The Lighthouse: Raymond.Strachan@glasgow.gov.uk.
- Deadline: 29th January 2018 at 5pm.
- Selection announcement/reply: Tuesday 13th February 2018.
Photograph of Cove Park by Ruth Clarke.